Example Of Student Information System Information Technology Essay
|✅ Paper Type: Free Essay||✅ Subject: Information Technology|
|✅ Wordcount: 1081 words||✅ Published: 1st Jan 2015|
Students Information System is a comprehensive University Student Administration System, enabling any academic or educational organization to capture, maintain, update and provide accurate personal and academic information about all current and past students with any University. The system has modules that help accurately maintain Payroll, an Online Student Performance Reporting System and an Examination Evaluation System. Student information systems provide capabilities for entering student test and other assessment scores through an electronic grade book, building student schedules, tracking student attendance, and managing many other student-related data needs in a school, college or university. The student information system introduces the concept of software engineering in following ways to develop it:-
1. Software should have good quality.
2. The capability to be understood, learned and used.
3. Develop the software that is closer to science and engineering.
4. User Interface is important also to support important functions or business.
5. The bugs should not be tolerated.
6. Approach includes methodologies for development, operation, maintenance and retirement of software.
2Q:- As software developer identifies the different processes required in software development by taking the example of any project you are working on.
Ans: – To develop software for university to manage university processes like attendance, lab assessment, Assignment downloading & uploading. The process should meet the Software Engineering challenge and achieve the quality and productivity. The following Processes required for developing such software are:-
1.Process Management Process:-
This process analysing the properties of the university, determine how to improve it and then affecting the improvements.
2. Product Engineering Process
This process is used to produce the desired product.
3. Development process
This Process specifies the development and quality assurance activity that is performed by Programmer, Designer and Tester.
4. Project Management process
This Process specifies how to plan and control these activities so that cost, schedule, quality and other activities are met.
5. Software Configuration Management Process
This Process focuses on evolution and managing the changes so that integrity of the products is not violated despite changes.
3Q:- How will you implement software process model in your software? Write down the steps for the same.
Ans: – To Implement Software Process model following steps are required:-
1. Requirement Analysis: – Requirement Analysis involves studying the current business system to find out how it works and where improvements should be made.
2. Requirement Specification:-It specifies the functions and performance requirements like the format of input, output all design constraints that exit due to political, economic, environmental and security reasons.
3. Software Design:-After analysis the analysis design a system sketch which is helpful of the software development process.
4. Coding:-The main purpose of this process is to convert the design of the system into code in a given programming language. The purpose of coding should be to reduce the testing and maintenance efforts, because the testing and maintenance cost is higher than coding cost.
The different modules or components are tested individually.
The purpose is to testing the interconnection between modules.
To demonstrate to the client, on the real life data of the client, to drive operation of the system.
4Q:- Create SRS document for any software project.
Ans: – To Create System Requirement Specification for a software project following steps are used:-
1. First meet the subject matter expert and client and gather requirements.
2. Now define the functions of the software.
3. Create use cases for the sub processes, For example: – if we are designing an order entry system. Use cases would consist of creating a new order, modifying an existing order, customer order search, etc.
4. Now define the user interface and other interfaces such as hardware interfaces and other software interfaces.
5. Now define process flow.
6. Determine any specific business values.
7. Define the performance specification.
8. Create any diagrams needed to illustrate process flow or elaborate on key requirements.
9. Compile the SRS document and have all necessary parties review or sign off on it.
5Q:- Explain different document conventions you will use while writing SRS for your project.
Ans: – The different document conventions used while writing SRS for your Project are:-
1. An SRS is correct if all the requirements include in the SRS is according to final system.
2. When software is supposed to do everything which we specified and also respond to every input i.e. specified in the SRS is known complete SRS.
3. SRS is unambiguous if and if every requirement has one and only one interpretation.
4. The cost effective process that can check whether the final software meets the requirements, is come under verification.
5. SRS should understandable by client, user and reviewers.
6. SRS is consistent if there is no requirement that conflicts to each other.
6Q:- Implement the scenario of Object oriented modelling in your project.
Ans: – Object Oriented Model is created by user for their own purpose to demonstrate the working for our processes; it can be in the form of semantics and notation.
1. Object oriented model is used to capture and precisely state requirements and domain knowledge so that all stakeholders may understand agree on them.
2. It thinks about the decision of the system.
3. It captures the design decisions in a mutable form and separate from the requirements.
4. It is used to generate usable work products.
5. It organize,retrieve,filter,examine,find and edit the information of the large system.
6. It is used to explore the multiple economically solutions.
Cite This Work
To export a reference to this article please select a referencing stye below:
Related ServicesView all
DMCA / Removal Request
If you are the original writer of this essay and no longer wish to have your work published on UKEssays.com then please: